Many folks find making comparisons interesting. So, whether you live in the Tehachapi area now, or are thinking about moving here, you can check out how the major Tehachapi communities compare in active and sold listings.
The data shown in for 2010 through November 17. It was gathered from the Tehachapi Area Association of REALTORS® MLS. Note that TSA stands for the Tehachapi Service Area and includes all the data for the communities shown as well as the other smaller communities in the area.
Let me know if you are interested in more specific information for one of the other communities.
|Stallion Springs||Alpine Forest||Bear Valley Springs||Golden Hills||Tehachapi City||TSA|
|Current Active Listings||50||11||104||76||60||362|
|Average List Price||$216,967.00||$175,181.00||$303,082.00||$197,826.00||$151,326.00||$246,884.00|
|Average Days On Market||124||48||143||133||94||134|
|Average List Price Sold||$190,279.00||$145,237.00||$232,459.00||$178,605.00||$154,838.00||$193,953.00|
|Average Sale Price Sold||$184,549.00||$135,205.00||$218,854.00||$172,356.00||$147,727.00||$184,752.00|
|Sale Price/List Price Ratio||96.99%||93.09%||94.15%||96.50%||95.41%||95.26%|
|Average Days On Market Sold||178||122||141||113||118||139|
|Average List Price Unsold||$244,759.00||$203,959.00||$317,343.00||$205,252.00||$143,140.00||$252,359.00|
There are lots of interesting facts to note from the table:
- Stallion Springs has the highest ratio of List Price to Sold Price (followed closely by Golden Hills).
- Golden Hills homes spend the least amount of time on the market before selling.
- Bear Valley Springs has the most Current Active Listings and the highest Average List Price Sold, followed by Stallion Springs.
- Bear Valley Springs has the longest Average Days on Market for Active Listings, but is ranked third for Sold Listings.
- Alpine Forest has the fewest Active and Sold listings and the Sale Price to List Price Ratio is the lowest among the 5 communities.
- Tehachapi City has the highest percentage of Sold properties, Alpine Forest has the lowest.
Do you find any of the information here surprising? Again, if you would like more specific information on a specific area, just let me know.