If you are a Tehachapi resident and are not living in your dream home, fall may be the time to get there. Fall is a great time to buy a home since the weather is ideal for moving. Sellers may be even more motivated to move before the winter weather sets in. Sounds like a win-win combination doesn’t it?
Here are a few tips to keep in mind if you are planning to buy or sell during fall.
For Fall Buyers:
- See if you can’t find a motivated seller that wants out before the end of the year.
- Consider new construction. Builders will often include concessions in order to close before year end.
- Watch out for deferred maintenance. Over-flowing gutters could be a sign of other maintenance that is overdue.
- Structure your offer carefully. Even motivated sellers will be turned off by an offer that is too low.
- Close before year end and start reaping the tax deduction rewards on your taxes.
For Fall Sellers:
- Summer has faded so get rid of your faded summer plants. Brighten up the entry with fall plants like mums.
- Freshen up your listing photos. Photos of the property in the current season make it less obvious that the house has been on the market for a while.
- Expect low-ball offers. Be prepared and consider your counter offers carefully.
- Price your house appropriately. The longer a house is on the market, the harder it is to sell. A house priced a little below market may be just the thing to motivate a buyer.
- Make sure your house is always ready and available to show when potential buyers want to see it.
Just the few tips above should help Tehachapi area residents wind up in the home of their dreams.
For more tips like this just sign up for our newsletter on the right side of this page. If you want more immediate help in buying or selling a home, use the contact page and call, text or email directly.